The OEM version
of the LSI (now incorporated by Broadcom) MegaRAID SAS 9480-8e is equivalent to the Lenovo ThinkSystem RAID 930-8e external RAID controller card.
It is built for high-end servers to build a large number of high-speed storage and transmission requirements,
can support the "8 port external" 12Gbps SAS+ SATA storage device,
with the built-in 4GB flash memory, can accelerate the overall storage performance.
The original insufficient server space can be added to increase the storage capacity.
This card adopts PCIe 3.0 x8 interface design, supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and other array modes, and provides enterprise-level data protection and security mechanisms
, as well as professional control software,
easily creating a highly scalable, high-performance and high-security storage environment for enterprise servers.
So if you feel that the storage efficiency of workstations/servers/virtual machines is slow and not smooth enough,
then you should consider adding this high-end LSI MegaRAID SAS 9480-8e RAID card.
1. Be fast (12Gbps is twice as fast as 6Gbps)!
2. Be flexible (support SAS 12Gbps, and compatible with SATA 6Gbps/3Gbps)
3. To expand there are expansions (up to 64 drives can be connected)
4. To be convenient and convenient (can be set from the BIOS or OS tool software to set the RAID architecture)
This card with 12Gbps SAS high-speed hard disk and RAID acceleration, will make your application server, virtual machine, storage server, intensive computing server, run fast and smooth,
is a high-end server must-have RAID control card.
- Product Name:LSI/Broadcom MegaRAID SAS 9480-8e 12Gb External RAID Card (OEM Version)
- ThinkSystem RAID 930-8e 4GB Flash PCIe 12Gb Adapter (7Y37A01087)
- CHIP SPECIFICATIONS: LSI SAS 3516 DUAL CORE RAID CHIP (ARM 15)
- Interface specifications: PCIe 3.0 x8
- Form factor: 1/2 high PCIe interface card
- Cache: 4GB 2133MHz DDR4 SDRAM
- Connection terminals: 2 sets of external Mini-SAS HD SFF8644 connection terminals
- Supported devices: 8 groups of 12Gb/s SATA+SAS drives, including HDD, SSD, SED (self-encrypting disk)
- Maximum support: Profile 12: 240 devices, Profile 10: 64 devices
- ARRAY MODES: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60
- Cache technology: Support LSI/Broadcom original CacheVault flash cache protection mechanism
- Operating systems: Support Windows, VMware, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SuSE Linux, Ubuntu, Citrix XenServer, CentOS, Debian, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Fedora, FreeBSD, etc